Is there anything better than a hearty dose of inspiration?
OK, maybe, but I'm not going to go there.
I just got back from interviewing Global Vision International (GVI) - quite possibly the coolest organization ever. By promoting sustainable development through volunteer travel, GVI is making waves and more. Want to learn how to be a safari guide and save the elephants at the same time? GVI has about 10 different programs for you. Or, maybe you'd rather learn how to become a dive master in the Seychelles while saving endangered sea turtles? If that's not quite right, then there is always teaching English to novice monks in Laos... Just pick how you want to save the world, fork over a reasonable amount of cash for living expenses and conservation efforts (70% goes to the project you're working on), buy some carbon-offsets for your plane trip, and before you know it, you'll be on the fast track to an adventure of a lifetime, all in the name of sustainable development.
Forgive me, I'm still lost in an Ecuadorian jungle.
Maybe I'll end up going on safari after all.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment